On occasion of ‘International Day of Happiness’ here is a special one.
The International Day of Happiness is celebrated throughout the world on the 20th of March. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 28 June 2012. The initiative started to promote happiness as a universal goal and aspiration in the lives of human beings around the world.
Happiness is not just a mental phenomenon but there are hormones responsible for creating feeling of happiness.
Medically those are called ‘Happy Hormones’
Out of millions of hormones and chemicals that our body has there are only these 4 hormones which are truly responsible for ‘Happiness’.
Here is how you can secrete those hormones for yourself…
- Exercising well helps in Endorphin secretion. After exercising the effect stays strong for 2-3 hours and in mild quantity for 24 hours.
- Cocoa & spicy food like chilies, colorful bell peppers do help in endorphin secretion.
- A hearty laugh is a good trigger for Endorphin secretion.
- Goal achievement be it big or small triggers Dopamine secretion. So make a ‘To-Do’ list every day. Complete all the tasks on the list. Acknowledge every small win. Celebrate, congratulate yourself on completion of daily tasks.
- Make simple changes in lifestyle. Avoid sugar, coffee, alcohol & drugs.
- Eat good amount of ‘Magnesium’. Fruits, leafy vegetables, almonds, walnuts, sprouted beans, eggs & fish are the good sources of ‘Magnesium’.
- Take good amount of Vitamin K & Vitamin E.
- Exercise well.
- Sleep well. Regularly 7-8 hours a night.
- Sunlight exposure triggers ‘Serotonin’ secretion.
- Regular exercise is another easy way to secret ‘Serotonin’.
- Good portion of Vitamin B, Proteins, Carbs & good for digestion fiber present in cereals in daily diet helps.
- Helping others, doing some social work, working for some cause helps in ‘Serotonin’ secretion.
- A hug, consensual physical touch, a shake hand, physical relation with partner helps in secreting ‘Oxytocin’.
- A hearty laugh is a good trigger for ‘Oxytocin’ secretion.
- Appreciation by self or others helps in ‘Oxytocin’ secretion.
- Also by sharing, listening to others, chitchatting with friends help in ‘Oxytocin’ secretion.
- Regular Exercise & meditation triggers ‘Oxytocin’ secretion.
Now that you know all these hacks don’t forget to do following 5 things daily;
- Exercise every day.
- Achieve small & big goals. Also acknowledge it.
- Help others. Be good to everyone.
- Meet friends, family and give a big hug, laugh together, chitchat.
- Eat healthy balanced diet with all macro & micro-nutrients.