Thin-crust Bhakri Pizza
- Jowar/ Bajra flour 4 cups
- Water for kneading as per requirement
- ½ cup ghee to be used only for glazing the surfaces
- 5-7 garlic cloves.
- 2 big onions. [1 for Pizza sauce & 1 for Toppings]
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 capsicum/ bellepapers or both half of each
- ½ cup black olives (Optional)
- 1 cup baby corns (Optional)
- 1 cup boiled mushrooms cut in halves
- ½ cup broccoli florets (Optional)
- ½ cup Boneless chicken cut in to small chunks (Optional)
- 2 cups of shredded paneer for topping (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Salt as per taste
- Black Paper as per taste
- Red Chili powder as per taste
- Oragano as per taste
- Chili flakes as per taste
- Take the Jowar/ Bajra flour in large plate
- Add water little by little while kneading it together. Make sure to knead it stiff.
- Take a small-sized dough, make a ball out of it and place it on a rolling board or plastic sheet.
- Wet your hands with water and pat the dough gently into a thick, flat disk. This is your Bhakri. Make sure that the dough does not stick while patting.
- Heat a griddle and place the Bhakri on it.
- When the bottom of the dough turns slightly crispy brown, turn it over and cook the other side. When it is golden brown, take it down and place aside.
For Pizza sauce:
- Sauté mashed garlic, cut onion and tomato pieces.
- Add chili powder, black paper, salt and 1 table spoon ketchup.
- Once these veggies are little cooked then take it off the flame. Let it cool.
- Add all this mixture to mixer grinder & make it into puree. And keep aside.
- Capsicum & bellpapers cut in small pieces.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in halves.
- Black olives cut in small rings or just in halves.
- Cut onion in medium small pieces.
- Boil baby corns & cut into halves.
- Get mushrooms boiled & cut in halves.
- Cut small broccoli florets & boil them.
- Get chicken chunks boiled (If you are using) and sprinkle a little salt over it.
- Shred the paneer and keep aside.
For making Pizza:
- Take bhakri on flat surface. Apply ghee to the surface.
- Cover the surface with sauce.
- Add all the toppings except shredded paneer.
- Sprinkle shredded paneer on the top.
- Sprinkle little oregano & chili flakes on the top.
- Glaze the baking tray with ghee. Place the pizza over it. Bake at 200 degree C. for 10 minutes.
- OR Add Glaze the surface of frying pan with ghee. Place this pizza in frying pan. Close the lid. Cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Andddd your ‘Thin-crust Bhakri Pizza’ is ready!