Jowar or sorghum as it is called in English is a wonderful ancient grain available in our country.
Jowar is rated among the top five healthy grains in the world.
It is a perfect ‘Desi’ substitute for Quinoa.
It is a gluten-free grain, making it an excellent alternative food for people who have gluten intolerance.
Jowar can help improve health and fight a number of diseases.
Jowar flour is healthy, and equally tasty, alternative to maida (all purpose flour).
As for nutritional facts;
100 grms of Jowar contains 329 kcal. , 10.4 grams of Proteins, 71.8 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fats, 6.25 grams of fibre, ie. almost 48% of your daily recommended intake.
Benefits of Eating Jowar
• It improves digestion.
• Helps reduce weight.
• It helps fight against free radicals which are responsible for premature ageing.
• Jowar is good for boosting immunity.
• It helps improve the health of the heart.
• It is gluten-free.
• Jowar is rich in protein.
• It is good for controlling blood sugar.