Cycling is environment friendly, easy to fit into your daily routine exercise.
It can improve both physical and mental health. As a result can reduce the chances of experiencing many health problems.
Riding a bicycle is a low impact form of exercise, making it a safe choice for older adults and people with weak or damaged joints.
Research suggests we should be burning at least about 2,000 calories a week through exercise. Steady cycling burns about 300 calories per hour.
The health benefits of regular cycling include:
- Increased cardiovascular fitness, reduced cholesterol & blood pressure
- Improved muscle strength and flexibility
- Excellent joint mobility
- Improved posture and coordination
- Strengthened bones
- Decreased body fat levels
- Prevention or management of disease
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Improved emotional health
- Decreased stress levels by reduced cortisol level in brain causing reduced depression & anxiety issues
- Boosts libido
- Reduces cancer risk by 40-45%
- Reverse age-related muscular atrophy with a regular cycling routine
- Causing happiness by release of Endorphin [happy hormone]
- Improved motor learning, coordination, core stability and balance
- Increased skin circulation which helps optimize collagen production and deliver nutrients to skin cells more effectively. This makes skin heal faster and stay younger.