On this Christmas weekend Rejoice wellness brings you yummy healthy recipe made of Amaranth…
We have seen health benefits of Amaranth on WellnessWednesday post… So now enjoy this fun food…
Amaranth (Rajgira) Shortbread Cookies
• 1/3 cup olive oil/ ghee
• 1 cup dates paste
• 2 tsps ginger
• 1/8 tsp nutmeg (optional)
• 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice (fresh optional)
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1.5 cup Amaranth flour
• 1/2 cup pistachios and cashews (finely chopped)
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk olive oil / ghee and dates paste together.
2. Next add ginger powder, nutmeg, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and mix well.
3. Add amaranth flour to the bowl with ghee and dates mixture.
4. Next add chopped nuts (keeping few aside for garnish) and knead soft cookie dough.
5. Divide the dough in two parts and make cylinder shape roll.
6. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
7. Once the dough is cold, preheat the oven 350 degree F.
8. Take out the cookie dough rolls from fridge and cut the half inch round cookies from each roll. Sprinkle the nuts on the top for garnishing.
9. Arrange the cookies on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
10. Bake at 350 F for 12 to 14 minutes until brown around the bottom edge.
11. Cool for 10 minutes before serving or storing in airtight containers.
For health benefits of Amaranth check WellnessWednesday post.
For more fun healthy recipes visit www.Rejoicewellness.in
For appointment call 9821127452 / 022-26112200