Rejoice wellness Sunday special simple & yummy recipe that will be a great pre workout or post workout meal too… Loaded with proteins this recipe brings serious taste & health to the table.
Bacon Egg Cups
12 strips of sugar free bacon
2 potatoes sliced 1/8 inch thick, rounded ends discarded
Salt as per taste
Ground black pepper / chili flakes as per taste
1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
12 large eggs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh spring onion greens, chopped in rings [for garnish]
Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around the inside of each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin to create rings.
- Put 1 slice of potato on the bottom of each cup and sprinkle salt & pepper/ chili flakes over it.
- Divide the bell pepper pieces among the cups.
- Bake until the fat starts to render from the bacon (it will bubble in the bottom of each cup) and the bacon begins to crisp and turn light brown on the top edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven.
- Crack an egg into each cup, making sure the yolk is inside the bacon ring and sprinkle salt & pepper / chili flakes over it.
- Continue baking until the bacon is crisp, the egg whites are cooked through and the yolks are still runny, about 10 minutes longer.
- Run an offset spatula around the edges and remove to a platter.
- Sprinkle with the spring onion rings and serve with hot sauce if desired.