We at Rejoice Wellness wish you “Happy Holi!” to all… “Have fun enjoy healthy sweet delicacy and celebrate safe healthy Holi.”
Baked Gujiya (Karanji)
- 2 Cups semolina
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds (crushed)
- 1 cup soft pulpy dates (crushed)
- 1 tsp soda bi carbonate
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup honey
For the Filling:
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. After the ghee melts, add 1/2 cup semolina along with cardamom powder and sauté the mixture in regular intervals.
- Once the raw smell of semolina is gone, add crushed dates, crushed almonds, and raisins. Mix well and take it off the heat. Keep it aside.
For the Dough:
- Place the remaining semolina in a large bowl and add some onions seeds, salt and soda. Mix well.
- Now add milk and let it soak until the semolina dissolves and turns soft.
- When the above process is done, add in the wheat flour and make a dough (add milk if required). Keep the dough aside for 1 hour.
- After an hour, take some dough required to make 4-inch pooris and roll it using the rolling pin
- Add about 1 Tbsp of the filling on one side of the poori and seal by folding both the edges to make a half moon-shaped structure. You can use a little water while sealing the edges.
- Twist the edges to form a design pattern and repeat the procedure with the remaining dough.
- Now bake the Gujiyas in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Let it cool. Dip in honey and serve.