This Rejoice Wellness Sunday special healthy yummy recipe is perfect party comfort food or perfect snack for your kid’s mid-meal tiffin…
Banana and Oatmeal Cups
• 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• ½ cup dates cut in small pieces
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• ¼ cup pure maple syrup
• 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup 1% milk
• ¼ cup melted coconut oil
• Cooking spray.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, dates pieces, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined and smooth.
4. Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
6. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon so all the oats are covered in liquid.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.