After knowing health benefits of ‘Buckwheat’ on ‘#WellnessWednesday’
Rejoice wellness brings you simple yummy breakfast recipe made with it…
• 1 1/2 cups buckwheat (Get uncooked buckwheat groats. You do not want roasted buckwheat or buckwheat cereal.)
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
• 1/4 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• ½ cup pumpkin seeds [or any other seeds like flax seeds/ chia seeds]
• ½ cup coconut flakes [Optional]
• 1/3 cup raisins.
• 1/3 cup dries cranberries / any dried berries & fruits. [Optional]
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Put the buckwheat, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes and sesame seeds in mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle the salt and drizzle the olive oil and maple syrup over the top. Thoroughly stir everything together with your hands or a rubber spatula.
4. Spread on the baking sheet and bake until toasted and lightly browned, stirring halfway through, about 20 minutes total.
5. Let cool on the counter to allow the cereal to crisp up.
6. Scatter the raisins & dried berries over the top.
7. Transfer to a jar or other sealed container.