It’s the festival season & “Ganesh Chaturthi” is incomplete without the “Modaks”… So here we bring you a quick, healthy version of the Modaks.
1) 2 cups of fresh grated coconut 2) 4 cups of grated red carrots
3) 1 liter low fat milk
4) 1 cup jaggery
5) 7-8 green cardamom powder
6) ¼ cup chopped almonds
7) 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a big pan heat olive oil and add grated carrot and coconut to it and roast it for 5 minutes.
2. Now add milk to this roasted coconut & carrot and bring it to boil. Stir it occasionally.
3. Cook this mixture until it becomes dry and starts releasing oil from it , now add jaggery to it and stir it until it mix nicely in it .
4. Then add cardamom powder and remove the mixture from heat.Now add chopped almonds.
The mixture is ready for modak . Let it cool down.
5. Now take a modak mold and fill it with this carrot-coconut mixture & unmold.
6. Your carrot- coconut & almond modak is ready. Make the modaks from the rest of the mixture.
PS- Your healthy modaks for Prasad are ready for Lord Ganesha
Log on to- http://goo.gl/7UktB4