Rejoice Wellness brings healthy yummy recipe of “Grilled Prawn Skewers” for you from ‘Chef Sarang Joshi’ all the way from Newzealand!
Grilled Prawn Skewers
• 2 lbs raw medium shrimp, deveined & tail on
• 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
• 1 large garlic clove, grated
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/4 tsp oregano, dried
• Pinch of salt
• Ground black pepper, to taste
1. If using wooden skewers, pre-soak for 30 minutes. Thread shrimp onto skewers, about 5-7 per skewer.
2. In a small bowl, add olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper and whisk (I use a brush). Brush each shrimp skewer on each side with the glaze and place onto a platter.
3. Preheat grill on medium heat and lightly oil the surface. Place shrimp skewers on BBQ, quickly brush with half of the glaze, cover and grill for 2-3 minutes. Flip, brush with remaining glaze, cover and grill for 2 more minutes or until no longer transparent and pink.
4. Serve warm or cold, with a side of quinoa or brown rice, and a healthy salad like cauliflower potato salad. Such a classic summer BBQ meal.
Serving Size 1 skewer
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.8g – 4%
Saturated Fat 0.4g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 263mg 88%
Sodium 387.5mg – 16%
Total Carbohydrate 1.8g – 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g – 0%
Protein 10.8g – 22%