Here’s yummy, healthy recipe of “Roman style chicken” for you from Chef Sarang Joshi’s kitchen all the way from Newzealand…
“Roman style chicken”
– 4 skinless chicken breast halves, with ribs
– 2 skinless chicken thighs, with bones
– 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus 1 teaspoon
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus 1 teaspoon
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 red capsicum, sliced
– 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 2 diced tomatoes
– 1/2 cup white wine
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
– 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
– 1/2 cup chicken stock
– 2 tablespoons capers
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. In a heavy, large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. When the oil is hot, cook the chicken until browned on both sides.
4. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Keeping the same pan over medium heat, add the peppers and cook until the peppers have browned, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add the tomatoes, wine, and herbs. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
8. Return the chicken to the pan, add the stock, and bring the mixture to a boil.
9. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes.
10. If serving immediately, add the capers and the parsley.
11. Stir to combine and serve. If making ahead of time, transfer the chicken and sauce to a storage container, cool, and refrigerate.
12. The next day, reheat the chicken to a simmer over medium heat.
13. Stir in the capers and the parsley and serve.