Make this Sunday special with yummy and healthy recipe of ‘Shrimp Stir-Fry’ from Chef Sarang Joshi’s kitchen all the way from Newzealand …
– 1 tablespoon ghee
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 pounds jumbo shrimp,peeled and deveined with tails on
– 4 cloves garlic,minced
– 2 large zucchini/courgettes, diced
– 2 large ears of corn, kernels removed
– 3/4 cup red grape-tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
– 3/4 cup yellow grape-tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 12 to 18 fresh basil leaves,chopped
– Juice of 1 lemon
– Boiled Wheat Noodles or pasta, for serving with (optional)
1. Melt the ghee with the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
2. Add the shrimp and garlic, then saute until the shrimp are opaque, about 3 minutes. 3. Remove the shrimp to a plate.
4. Increase the heat to high, and then throw in the zucchini.
5. Stir it around for about 45 seconds, then scoot the zucchini to the edges of the pan.
6. Throw in the corn and cook it for a minute, then push it to the edges of the pan.
7. Throw in the grape tomatoes, stir them around for a minute, then sprinkle on some salt and pepper to taste.
8. Then throw the shrimp back in. Stir everything around for about 45 seconds, or until it’s all combined and hot.
9. Then pour it onto a big platter.
10. Sprinkle on the fresh basil then … squeeze the lemon all over the top.
(This adds a wonderful, indescribable freshness.)
You can serve this with boiled wheat noodles or with wheat pasta or it’s just perfect on its own.