Apple & Carrot Muffins
- 2 cups packed almond meal or almond flour
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup date syrup or maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted melted ghee
- 1 cup grated apple (about 1 ½ apples)
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrots (about 3 carrots)
- Optional mix-ins: ½ cup chopped walnuts or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and optional mix-ins, if using.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the date syrup, eggs and ghee.
- Whisk in the grated apple and carrots.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each to the brim.
- Bake until the muffins are nicely browned on top and a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool completely before storing.
Note: Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. If you like them warm, reheat them on low power in the microwave.