- 200 gm cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp semolina
- 1 Tbsp couscous
- Pinch of salt
- Half cut lemon
- 100 gm carrots
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 10-12 raisins
- 1 bowl breadcrumbs / flax seeds [optional]
- Take 200 gms of paneer and squeeze it/mash it.
- Add semolina, flour and couscous and a pinch of salt and mix it either by hand or with a mixture. The consistency of the dough will depend upon the moisture in the paneer. Higher the moisture, better the dough.
- You may also add a little lemon juice in case you like it to be a little sour. Once the dough is ready, keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- In a bowl add carrots, ginger and raisins. Then ground together in a bit of olive oil.
- Rub a little flour on your hands and on your work surface to ensure that the dough does not stick to either.
- Take a ball of dough and flatten it. Fill it with the mixture made and seal the dough back together with the filling inside.
- Rub the dumpling in a bit of flour to ensure that it does not stick.
- Once the uncooked dumplings are ready, drop them gently in soft boiling/ simmering water.
- When dropped in boiling water, they will instantly drown. Once cooked, they will float back up to the surface.
- Pull them out of the water and serve.
- They can also be rolled in breadcrumbs or flax seeds to add flavor.