Ganpati Bappa is arriving…
Let’s welcome him with healthy ‘Badam Barfi / Almond Fudge’ !
Special Festive recipe from ‘Chef Sarang Joshi’ all the way from New Zealand !
Badam Burfi / Almond Fudge
(5 min Almond fudge with Cardamom.
Makes 9 to 10 One inch square.)
• 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
• a good pinch of salt
• 1/4 tsp ground cardamom or other flavours like cinnamon extracts of choice or none
• 1 to 1.5 tbsp date sugar
• 1/3 to 1/2 cup fine almond flour not meal
• 2 tsp flour of choice
1. Heat vegan butter and maple syrup over medium low heat. Once melted, add almond butter and mix for a few seconds. Take off heat and continue to mix to make a smooth mixture.
2. Cool for a minute. Fold in salt, flavours, sugar and almond flour and mix in. Add more almond flour or regular flour or oat flour if needed until mixture is somewhat a soft dough.
3. Pat it onto parchment to a 1/4 inch thick square. Sprinkle almond slivers or pistachio slivers and chill for at least half an hour.
Slice and serve.