Baked Avocado Fries
A healthy alternative to tried and tested global favourite, Fries .
The Avocado fries are great to taste, easier and healthier to cook with lots of vital nutrients.
2 large avocados sliced
Juice of 1/2 lime optional
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup multi grain bread crumbs
2 tablespoons oil
– Pre-heat oven to 205 Degrees Celcius. Pour 1 tablespoon oil in sheet tray or baking dish; set aside. – Squeeze fresh lime juice on avocado slices to preserve their color while baking (this step is optional). Season with salt, pepper.
– Dredge in flour then dip in egg and coat in Multigrain breadcrumbs. Be sure the avocado slices are coated very well in the bread crumbs.
– Place in a single layer on the greased sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining oil or spray with cooking spray. This will help the avocado slices crisp in the oven.
– Bake for 15 minutes or until the avocados are golden and crispy. If desired, more oil can be drizzle while they are baking for additional crispness.
– Serve with any dip of your choice!