This sudden rain has thrown us all off track. So here is some healthy yummy food to relax on this Sunday evening.
Cauliflower & squash fritters
• 100g gram (chickpea) flour
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• small bunch coriander , finely chopped (optional)
• oil , for shallow frying
• 150g natural yogurt
• 1 garlic clove , crushed
• 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
• pitta breads and salad, to serve
For the roast cauliflower & squash base
• 1 cauliflower , split into florets, the stalk cut into cubes
• ½ large butternut squash , cut into cubes
• 1 tbsp oil
• Heat frying pan & add few drops of oil.
• Toss the cauliflower and squash in oil and spread it.
• Roast for 25 mins, or until tender. Remove from gas & keep aside.
• Put the flour in a bowl and gradually stir in 125-150ml water to make a batter as thick as double cream.
• Stir in the turmeric and cumin and some seasoning.
• Break up the cauliflower and squash a little and mix it gently into the batter. Add the coriander, if using.
• Heat a little oil in a frying pan and when it is hot, drop 2 heaped tbsps of the mixture into the pan, spaced apart.
• Fry until the fritters are dark golden, about 2-3 mins each side.
• Remove, keep warm and repeat with the remaining batter.
• Enjoy with yogurt dip or mint chutney.