Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread
• 1.75 cups white whole wheat
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
• 1.5 cups fresh blueberries
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup maple syrup/ date syrup / honey
• 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (1.5 cups mashed)
• ¼ cup yogurt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Set aside ½ cup of blueberries for later. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, mash the 3 bananas with a fork (or alternatively you can place them in a blender to get extra smooth). Then, mix in the rest of the wet ingredients minus the melted coconut oil.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
5. Pour batter into greased bread pan, sprinkle the last half cup of blueberries on top, and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes.
6. Remove banana bread from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and remove from pan to finish cooling.
Tips & Notes
Freezer Directions: let blueberry banana bread cool completely. Then, wrap bread tightly with saran wrap, removing as much air as possible. Follow the saran wrap with tin foil. Now you can Freeze for up to 3 months.