“Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins”
1 small sweet potato, roasted
¾ cup coconut milk
2 tbsp.olive oil
3 tbsp. ground flaxseed in ½ cup of water
1 cup jowar flour
¼ cup coconut flour
½ cup pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey or date syrup
1 tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. rock salt
⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground turmeric
⅛ tsp ground cloves
1 tbsp. Ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
– Preheat the oven to 400F. Make several holes in the skin of the sweet potato using a skewer, and place it on a baking tray. Cook for an hour.
– When cool, cut the sweet potato in half, scoop out the insides, and put them in a large bowl.
– Add flaxseed, coconut milk, olive oil, and maple syrup.
– Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl, and add them to the previous mixture.
– Grease a muffin tray with coconut oil, pour the batter evenly, and cook for about half an hour.