*Ragi Masala Roti*
2 cups ragi flour
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 small green chillies, vertically cut
2 medium carrots, shredded
¾ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
½ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp cumin powder
Salt, to taste
Ghee, as required
Water, as needed
– In a large mixing bowl, put together ragi flour, onions, green chilies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, shredded carrots and salt.
– Mix it thoroughly, adding a little water from time to time.
– Knead it completely to obtain a dough-like composition which is smooth and malleable.
– Cover this bowl with a lid and let it sit at room temperature for 20 – 30 minutes.
– Once the dough is set, add the red chili powder and cumin powder to introduce a mildly spicy and tangy flavor to the dough.
– Divide the ragi dough into equal portions.
Make even, round balls and flatten it, to obtain symmetrical round shapes.
– Heat the tava on medium flame, cook the dough on one side with some ghee and flip it over to fully cook the other side as well, until it turns slightly darker in shade.
– Now remove the roti from the tava, drizzle some ghee generously on both sides of the rotis, to keep them soft.
Hot ragi masala rotis, seasoned with vegetables and spices, is ready to be eaten.
It goes well with all varieties of pickles , curd and chutneys.