This festive season enjoy guilt free delicacy
“Sweet potato halwa”
2 bowl boiled and mashed sweet potatoes
1 bowl milk
1 n 1/2 bowl de-seeded mashed dates
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp ghee
1/4 bowl almonds
– take thick bottom pan.
– add ghee
– add mashed sweet potatoes
– add milk and cardamom powder. Now close the lid. -Let it simmer for 5-10 minuets.
– in small bowl take de-seeded mashed dates. Add lil water. Let it soak for 2-3 minuets. Mash it well. Add this mix to grinder and make smooth paste. And keep aside.
– cut almonds in long thin pieces. But keep few almonds aside for garnishing.
– now check if the sweet potatoes have cooked well in milk and dried a little. Then add dates syrup and cut almond pieces.
– now keep stirring so that it dries to consistency of halwa.
– now garnish with almonds.
– serve hot yummy but healthy “sweet potato halwa”.