Toasted Coconut Ladoo
4 Ingredients Recipe!
Shravan is here.
Now it’s gonna be lots of festivals and reasons to cook sweets and desserts…
‘Rejoice Wellness’ brings healthy yummy recipe of ‘Toasted Coconut Ladoo ’ for ‘Shravan Special’ from ‘Chef Sarang Joshi’ all the way from New Zealand !
Ready in 20 mins. Soft balls of coconut, coconut milk, cardamom and date sugar to celebrate Indian festivals.
Use other flavours of choice.
Makes 8 to 10 balls
• 1.5 cups (120 g) dried shredded coconut or fresh shredded coconut
• 1 cup (226 ml) full fat coconut milk or coconut cream for fudgier
• seeds of 1 green cardamom pod or use other flavours as vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest etc.
• 1/3 cup (66.67 g) or more date sugar
• a pinch of salt
• If using dried shredded coconut, pulse the coconut shreds in a blender to make small shred or coarse meal size shreds and set aside.
• Crush cardamom seeds in a mortar and pestle and set aside.
• Dry toast the coconut in a skillet over medium low heat. Toast until most of the coconut is golden [approx 3 to 5 mins]. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
• Add coconut milk/cream and cardamom, cook for 2 mins.
• Add dates sugar and salt, increase heat to medium and cook for 15 to 20 mins, or until the mixture completely absorbs the liquid and does not leak any moisture when squeezed or pressed.
• Cool to room temperature, then shape into balls.
• And Serve!
Note: Keep covered on the counter for the day and refrigerated for upto a week.