We have seen health benefits of ‘Corn / Maize’ in Wellness Wednesday section… so today ‘Rejoice wellness’ brings you easy, yummy healthy recipe made of corn…
Tomato-Basil Soup with Fresh Corn
• 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 pre-chopped onions
• 3 garlic cloves, smashed
• 1/2 cup unsalted tomato paste/ puree
• ½ kg chopped fresh tomatoes
• 3/4 cup unsalted vegetable stock
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1 teaspoons black pepper
• 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
• ½ kg tofu, drained
• 2 1/2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes (about 1 1/4 lb.)
• 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
How to Make It
– Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
– Add tomato paste; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in ½ kg chopped tomatoes, stock, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup basil.
– Transfer half of tomato mixture to a blender. Process 1 minute or until smooth. Pour pureed tomato mixture into a bowl. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to blender; process 1 minute or until smooth.
– With blender running, add 1/4 cup oil in a slow, steady stream, processing until smooth. If freezing, follow freezing instructions.
– If using immediately, add tofu to tomato mixture in blender; process until smooth.
– Return pureed tomato mixture and pureed tomato-tofu mixture to pan; bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring often, until heated through.
– Combine heirloom tomatoes, corn and remaining 1/2 cup basil in a bowl.
– Divide soup evenly among 8 bowls. Top with corn mixture; drizzle remaining 1/4 cup olive oil evenly over top.