Here’s yummy, #healthy recipe of “Curried Pumpkin and coconut soup” for you from Chef Sarang Joshi’s kitchen all the way from #Newzealand…
Curried #Pumpkin and #coconut soup
- 4 cups 1/2-inch-cubed peeled fresh pumpkin or butternut squash
- 3 cups lower-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large Green apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup plus 4 tsp. canned light coconut milk, well shaken and stirred, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas)
- Combine pumpkin, broth, apple, shallots, ginger, garlic, curry powder, salt, and red pepper in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables are very tender, about 7 hours.
- Stir in 1 cup coconut milk and lime juice.
- Place half of pumpkin mixture in a blender; remove center piece of lid to allow steam to escape.
- Secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid to avoid splatters; process until smooth.
- Place soup in a medium bowl.
- Repeat with remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls.
- Swirl 1 teaspoon coconut milk into each serving; garnish with pepitas and additional red pepper.
- Enjoy your healthy yummy
#soup #rejoicewellness #healthwellness #chefsarangjoshi #weekly #recipes #health #wellness #mumbai #nutrition #foodie #yummy