This Sunday it’s yummy healthy recipe of ‘Fresh Green Peppercorns Pickle’
‘Fresh Green Peppercorns Pickle’
• 1 kg green peppercorns fresh
• 1/2 cup cystalline salt / sea salt
• 10-20 lemon to juice, depends on the amount of juice you get from each
• glass bottle
1. Pick the peppercorn and remove any unwanted sticks, or any debris
2. Wash them by soaking in a bowl of water.
3. Drain and pat dry thoroughly using a kitchen towel. leave it open for air drying any water remaining for a short while
4. Cut the bunches into one inch long pieces.
5. Get clean sun dried or oven dried glass bottles with tight lids.
6. Put these into the bottle and add the crystalline salt.
7. Squeeze the juice of ten lemon and pour over the pepper corn.
8. If the lemon juice is enough to submerge the pieces of pepper then no more lemon is needed.
9. If not, then squeeze in more lemon to nearly cover the peppercorns. This helps in the preservation.
10. Once this is done, close the lid tightly.
11. Shake the bottle well and set it aside to start the pickling process
12. Shake the bottle well everyday at least two times
13. Open the bottle to begin using after one week of shaking and pickling.
14. The pickle stays well for upto two years. ( dont skimp on the lemon)