Make healthy fun meal with recipe of ‘Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic’ from Chef Sarang Joshi’s kitchen all the way from Newzealand…
“Green Beans with Lemon and Garlic”
– 2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed
– 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoons ghee
– 2 large garlic cloves, minced
– 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest
– Freshly ground black pepper
1. Blanch green beans in a large stock pot of well salted boiling water until bright green in colour and tender crisp, roughly 2 minutes.
2. Drain and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop from cooking.
3. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the oil and the ghee.
5. Add the garlic and red chilli flakes and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Add the beans and continue to saute until coated in the ghee and heated through, about 5 minutes.
7. Add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.