Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Lemon-Herb Sauce
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
2 tsp. grated lemon zest plus 1/4 cup juice
1 kg. Sweet potatoes [well-scrubbed and sliced into 1/4-in.-thick rounds]
3 tbsp. olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
Kosher salt and pepper
1 small chili, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 c. fresh mint, chopped
Plain Greek yogurt, for serving
- Heat grill on medium. In small bowl, combine onion and lemon juice. Let sit, tossing occasionally.
- In large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill until slightly charred and tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Into bowl with onions, stir lemon zest, chili and remaining tablespoon oil, then stir in mint. Makes 1/2 cup relish.
- Spread Greek yogurt onto a platter and drizzle with oil.
- Arrange sweet potatoes over yogurt and spoon mint relish on top.