We have seen nutrition facts & health benefits of Soya bean. So today ‘Rejoice Wellness’ brings basic recipe for making your own ‘Homemade Soya-Milk’. This preservative-free and additive-free homemade soy milk works great for drinking, culturing, making curd or making tofu.
• ½ cup white soybeans
• 2-3 cups water for soaking
• 4 cups water for blending
• Soak the soybeans in water overnight.
• Drain the soybeans and remove the outer skins.
• Then blend the soybeans with 3 cups of water until well blended and almost smooth.
• Strain the blended mixture using a cheesecloth, a napkin or a fine mesh strainer.
• Pour the mixture into a pot or a saucepan and add 1 cup of water.
• Bring to a boil, stir continuously and skim foam.
• Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
• Let cool the soy milk and enjoy it.
• You can add other ingredients such as vanilla extract or dates. Blend the mixture if necessary.