It’s festival season & we all are super busy. We are having heavy food, sweets.
So here is a one-pot meal recipe which is balanced and flavorful. Try today’s Rejoice Wellness recipe ‘Little millets pulao’
Little Millet Pulao
- 300 g Little Millet organic par boiled
- 100 g carrot chopped
- 100 g Peas shelled
- 100 g onion Chopped
- 100 g tomato Chopped
- 20 g mint leaves chopped
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 2-3 Star anise
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2-3 green chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 4 Tbsp Raw peanuts shelled
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- Take a pan and dry roast the little millet for 2-3 minutes. Add 400ml of water, once water starts to boil and cook it covered on slow for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, when water is absorbed fluff it with fork and use in the recipe.
- When Little millet is cooking in the side you can prepare a tempering or tadka for it.
- Now take out all the oil from pan and leave just 1 tbsp peanut oil in the pan, add cumin seeds, cloves, star anise and bay leaf. Add chopped onion and ginger too.
- Fry them for 2 minutes on medium high heat and add finely chopped green chilli and tomatoes. Also add salt and red chilli powder.
- Cook the tomatoes till pulpy and add chopped carrot and peas, cook them for 4-5 minutes while covered and then add cooked little millet.
- Mix everything gently and add chopped mint leaves, cook for 2 more minutes and serve it hot.