Moog Dal Spinach Rava Idli
This Rainy Sunday give a little healthy twist to your favourite ‘Rava Idli’…
Enjoy this colorful tasty treat!
½ cup moong dal
¾ cup chopped spinach
½ cup rava
1 tbs curd
Salt for taste
1 tsp fruit salt
¼ tsp oil for greasing the mold
- Combine moong dal , spinach and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the curds and salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt to the batter and pour 2 tsp water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease the idli moulds using oil, put spoonfuls of the batter into idli moulds and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool slightly, demould and serve immediately with sambhar and healthy coconut chutney.