We have seen health benefits of ‘Mung Sprouts’ on Wednesday…
As promised ‘Rejoice Wellness’ brings you yummy healthy recipe made with ‘Mung Sprouts’ today.
Mung Sprouts soup
- 1/2 cup mung sprouts
- 1 potato, boiled, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tbsp cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp carrot, grated
- 1 garlic pod, crushed
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- Fine chopped spring onion for garnishing
- Water as required
• Wash the mung sprouts and boil them in 4 cups of water.
• Drain them and keep them aside. Do not throw the water.
• Dissolve the corn flour in 1/4 cup water. Keep it aside.
• Heat the oil in a heavy pan.
• Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
• Add the carrot, cabbage, sprouts, and potato and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add the stock (the water in which the sprouts were boiled).
• Let it come to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
• Add the salt, chilli sauce and corn flour paste, stirring continuously.
• Boil for 3 minutes. Garnish with fine chopped Spring onion.
• Serve steaming hot, with wheat bread toasts.