Shravan is soon starting.
Now it’s gonna be lots of festivals and reasons to cook sweets and desserts…
‘Rejoice Wellness’ brings healthy yummy recipe of ‘Brown Rice Kheer’ Or ‘Vegan Rice Pudding’ for ‘Shravan Special’ from ‘Chef Sarang Joshi’ all the way from New Zealand !
Brown Rice Kheer Recipe. Vegan Rice Pudding
Brown Rice Kheer Recipe. Vegan Rice Pudding. Brown Rice simmered in almond cashew milk with cardamom, roasted nuts and currants or raisins. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe.
• 1/2 cup (95 g) brown basmati rice soaked for 15 mins, then drained
• 2.5 to 3 cups (625 ml) almond milk
• 3 to 4 tbsp raw cashews
• seeds of 2 pods of cardamom
• a good pinch of salt
• 1/4 cup (50 g) Date sugar
• 2 to 3 tbsp chopped raw nuts like cashews pistachios
• 2 to 3 tbsp currants or raisins
1. Combime brown rice with 1.5 cups water and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. If using white basmati rice, cook for 11 minutes or until al dente.
2. Blend almond milk with the cashews until smooth. Add a splash of water to the simmering rice to bring the temperature down. Then add the blended milk to the rice. Add date sugar, salt, cardamom seeds and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In another skillet, toast the nuts in 1/2 tsp oil or on a dry skillet until golden. Add the currants and cook for a minute. Add the nuts and currants to the simmering kheer.
4. Taste and adjust sweet if needed. Continue to simmer until the brown rice is tender to preference and thickened to preference. 10 to 20 mins
5. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with almond slivers or pistachio slivers.