This Sunday special is fun recipe of ‘No Rice Pulao’… Enjoy…
- 200 grams vermicelli
- 2 tablespoon ghee/oil
- 800 ml water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon green chillies chopped
- ¼ cup onions chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- ¼ cup tofu diced
- ¼ cup green peas
- Salt to taste
- green coriander chopped
- In a deep dish pan, bring the water to boil, add salt and put in the rice vermicelli noodles. Let it cook for 5-6 minutes (until almost cooked.)Drain it and keep aside.
- Warm some ghee in a medium-sized pan, fry the cashews till light brown, take it out.
- In the same oil, put in some cumin seeds, chopped green chilies and mix.
- When these start to pop, add in the chopped onions and sauté till they are light brown.
- Add red chili powder, salt and chopped tomatoes to it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put in the chopped carrots, tofu and peas and let them cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the boiled rice vermicelli and mix well. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the, serve the vermicelli pulao piping hot, garnished with fried cashews and freshly chopped coriander.