We have been discussing bad effects of Sugar but also not wanting to deprive ourselves of sweets… So here is the recipe of healthy alternative / substitute for ‘Sugar’. It’s easy to make and easy to store recipe of ‘Date Sugar’
½ kg Medjool Dates (these are more fibrous)
- Slice and pit the dates. (To let the air and heat get to the middle parts.)
- Deseed the dates
- Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at around 250 to 275 degrees for 2-3 hours. (get the dates to a point where they are rock hard, but you be careful not to burn them)
- Turn the oven off, but leave the dates in the oven overnight to dry.
- Pulse slowly in either a high-powered food processor, or a coffee grinder; till it’s fine powder.
- Pack into an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Use as and when required just like sugar.