Perfect soothing filling recipe for these winter weather…
Low-Carb Cauliflower Stuffing
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cups pumpkin seeds (raw)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 stalks celery (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrots (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup leek bulb / Spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 200 gms white button mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup organic vegetable broth (homemade)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (as per taste)
1. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt coconut oil. Add pumpkin seeds and toast until just golden, about 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
2. Increase heat to medium and, to the same skillet, add celery, onion, carrots and leek and sauté until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower, mushrooms, vegetable broth, rosemary, sage, celery salt, pepper, and salt and continue to sauté until all ingredients are well-incorporated and tender, breaking apart cauliflower florets as they soften, all liquid is absorbed, and cauliflower florets begin to lightly brown, about 30-35 minutes.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!