We have just celebrated Rushipanchami on 2nd day of Ganesh utsav. This day the meal is prepared like Rushi’s meal. Rushi means sage. So this meal has all seasonal veggies and is tasty as well as very healthy.
2-3 tbsp Oil
2-3 Green Chillies,
chopped 10 Colocasia Leaves [अळूची पाने]
1 Cup Arbi chopped
chopped 1 Cup Sweet Potato
5-6 Lady Fingers, chopped
chopped 1 Cup Raw Banana
1 Cup Colocasia steams [अळूचे देठ] chopped
chopped 1 cup roselle plant [अंबाडी]
1 Cup Yam [सुरण] chopped
chopped 1 Cup Pumpkin
1 Cup Ridge Gourd [शिराळी] chopped
chopped 1 Cup Red Leafy Vegetable [लाल माठ]
Sweetcorn cobs chopped in small pieces
1 cup peas [मटार दाणे]
1 cup Field beans [वालीच्या शेंगा]
1 Cup soaked Groundnuts
1 Cup Grated Coconut
½ cup tamarind water [चिंचेचा कोळ]
- In a large pan, heat some oil.
- Once the oil is hot add green chilies.
- Then add all the vegetables one after the other.
- Add salt and grated coconut. Give it a good stir.
- Add some water and cover it with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid after 10 minutes and mix well.
- Add Tamarind water.
- Again cover it for 5 minutes and let the vegetables cook.
- Rushichi Bhaji is ready.
- This bhaji tastes best with plain rice or roti.
Enjoy the feast