It’s month of Shravan and lots of you are observing fast on certain days a week. So Rejoice wellness brings you recipe to make this fasting day diet bit interesting. And this healthy recipe also helps you lose weight.
- 3/4 Cup Vari/ Samo/ Bhagar/ Vratwala Chawal
- 1 cup Sour yogurt
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- to taste Green chillies paste
- 1 tsp Sendha namak (rock salt)
- 2 tsp Oil/ghee
- 2 Whole green chilies
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- For garnishing – grated Coconut and fresh coriander,
How to Make:
- Roast the Vari/ Samo/ Bhagar/ Vratwala Chawal in a pan very lightly and do not let it brown.
- Prepare the batter by mixing Vari/ Samo/ Bhagar/ Vratwala Chawal, rock salt, chilli paste, ginger paste and yogurt.
- Leave the mixture to ferment overnight. It should become a bit spongy.
- Grease a tin with little ghee and transfer the batter into it.
- Place the tin into the steamer and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Test if it is done with toothpick and then let it cool.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin, green chilies and curry leaves. Now pour it over the dhokla.
- Cut the dhokla into serving pieces and serve garnished with the coriander and coconut.