This summer Sunday Rejoice wellness brings you 1 pot soup meal.
Get all your carbs, proteins, vitamin, mineral, fiber & hydration with this yummy & healthy recipe…
Cauliflower & apple soup
- 50g ghee
- 4 onions , thinly sliced
- 1 ½kg cauliflower ,broken up into very small florets
- 8 eating apples – 6 cored, peeled and chopped, 2 unpeeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, or gluten-free alternative, crumbled
- 1 ½ milk
- 8 tbsp single cream
- olive oil , for drizzling
- a few thyme sprigs , leaves picked
- Melt the ghee in a saucepan, add the onions and fry gently until softened.
- Add the cauliflower and diced apple and fry for 5 more mins. Add the stock cubes and milk and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 mins, or until the cauliflower and apples are tender.
- Use a hand blender or liquidiser to purée the soup until smooth and season (the soup can now be chilled for up to 48 hours or frozen, just reheat to serve).
- Divide into bowls and swirl 1 tbsp cream in each along with a drizzle of oil.
- Top with the apple matchsticks and thyme.